One of Victoria's biggest wine festivals is fast approaching and we've planned a jam-packed line up of wine, food, music and entertainment at S&K. With a fun and friendly party vibe, the Rutherglen Winery Walkabout is a great way to warm up this winter and enjoy your June long weekend. Tickets will sell out so get in fast so your don't miss out.
It's Victoria's oldest wine festival and since Walkabout's first year in 1974, it's grown to be one of the best events on Australia's festival calendar. More than ten thousand people come to Rutherglen to taste wine, dance to live music, visit The Sunday Fair in town, warm up with great food and generally have a great time. Each winery offers unique events and activities so browse the brochure, gather your friends and enjoy a great weekend in the country.
Tickets are limited and will sell out. They are only available online so head to www.winerywalkabout.com.au to secure yours. There are a range of tickets available depending on how many days you visit, if you want to use the shuttle bus or if you are taking advantage of the regional shuttle bus leaving from Albury. Ticket prices increase as we get closer to the event so the sooner you purchase, the better value it is.
What's happening at S&K?:
So much! We love this event and work hard to create a fun environment.
- Enjoy our wide range of sparkling, whites, reds and fortifieds as well as our 'special recipe' spiced mulled wine.
- We have a huge Food Court with plenty of chairs to sit and relax. Your choices include calamari, sweet and savoury French crêpes, Indian curries, pizza and coffee. Gluten free and vegetarian options available.
- The George McFloyd Blues Band has been belting out great tunes for about 30 years and always put on a good show.
- There is Hole in One Golf with all proceeds going to Rutherglen Rotary and if you are successful, you could win a 5L barrel of muscat.
- Book in for a VIP Masterclass with our winemaker, Andrew Drumm, where you can try some very special back-vintage wines. Cost is $15pp or $5 for Members plus a partner. Times include 11am, 1pm and 3pm both Saturday and Sunday, bookings essential.
Browse wineries, events and the region's map with the brochure:
To purchase tickets click here.