Dust off your favourite wig or Disney character costume as regional Victoria's biggest wine festival is fast approaching. We've planned a jam-packed line up of wine, food, music and entertainment at S&K so buy your tickets soon so you don't miss out. With a fun and friendly party vibe, the Rutherglen Winery Walkabout a great way to warm up this winter, especially if your group comes in the ever popular 'onesie' theme!
It's Victoria's oldest wine festival and since Walkabout's first year in 1974, it's grown to be one of the best events on Australia's festival calendar. More than ten thousand people come to Rutherglen to taste wine, dance to live music, visit the fair in town, warm up with great food and generally have a great time. Each winery offers unique events and activities so browse the brochure, gather your friends and enjoy a great weekend in the country.
Tickets are limited and will sell out. They are only available online so head to www.winerywalkabout.com.au to secure yours. There are a range of tickets available depending on how many days you visit, if you want to use the shuttle bus or if you are taking advantage of the regional shuttle bus leaving from Albury. Ticket prices increase as we get closer to the event so the sooner you purchase, the better value it is.
What's happening at S&K?:
- The George McFloyd Blues Band has been belting out great tunes for about 30 years and always put on a good show.
- There is Hole in One Golf with all proceeds going to Rutherglen Rotary and if you are successful, you could win a 5L barrel of muscat.
- We have expanded our Food Court with more sweet and savoury options and plenty of chairs to sit and relax. Gluten free and vegetarian options available.
- Escape the crowds and warm up next to heaters and relax on couches in our Barrel Alley Lounge. Taste museum release and special reserve wines like our Jack's Block Shiraz, Durif and Vintage Fortifieds. $10 entry, members free.
- Enjoy our spiced mulled wine and wide range of sparkling, whites, reds and fortifieds.
- Plenty of room in our free Tasting Tent.