Tickets are now on sale for Tastes of Rutherglen, a progressive feast highlighting the best food and wine of the region. Roam around the wineries, sampling great food and wine matches with a wide range of entertainment and masterclasses. Each winery collaborates with a chef to bring you the best of the North East. Stanton & Killeen have teamed up with Carlos from Café Victor with a focus of a full flavoured and fresh menu.
Our Menu and Entertainment
On both Saturday and Sunday, you can enjoy the music of acoustic duo, Southbound, in the shade our marquee and trees. We will have kids activities and food on offer as well as coffee, tea and a selection of Carlos' famous sweet treats after enjoying:
- tender pieces of sous-vide calamari and grilled house-made chorizo with flavoursome baba ghanouj, crispy pangrattato and smokey chipotle aioli matched with our 2016 Rosé
- slow-cooked beef cheeks infused with Middle Eastern spices on a bed of ancient grain salad of freekeh, quinoa and chickpeas topped with house-made minted labneh and a roasted nut garnish matched to our 2015 The Prince Reserva.
At 2pm, our winemakers will be hosting a Portuguese Varieties Masterclass featuring our Sparkling Tempranillo, Rosé, The Prince Reserva, Vintage Fortified and two exciting new releases. Entry is free but places are limited and bookings are recommended.
The brochure and program guide are currently being finalised and will be available in December. Keep an eye on the event website tastesofrutherglen.com.au for full details and join the Facebook event group to stay updated.
There's plenty of on offer for everyone including children so gather your family and friends for an enteratining gourmet weekend.
- Festival Ticket: $20 gets you an entry wristband to access to all the participating venues on both days and a festival glass.
- Shuttle Bus: $27 gives you unlimited access to the hop on/hop off shuttle buses going around the wineries on three different routes. The buses run every 30 minutes so you can get the most out of your day.
- Regional Bus: $37 is the return trip from 10 major regional towns and also includes the shuttle bus.
Full timetable and details of regional towns are available here.