This week we said goodbye to Ros, who has been with Stanton & Killeen for over 23 years. It was with great sadness when Ros walked through the S&K gates for the last time, however, her new adventure of taking time to enjoy the good life, travel and grandparent duties to six young ones will certainly keep Ros busy.
When asked about memorable moments over the years, some include:
- sending S&K’s very first email with Chris Killeen on an ancient desktop
- jumping on the counter with customers when a brown snake slithered into cellar door
- a very awful lime green label that was printed amid some confusion but luckily never made it onto the bottle
- a Winery Walkabout shuttle bus getting bogged in 2016 that was rescued by our winemaker and the S&K tractor
- a Christmas party many years ago at the old Shamrock followed by a BABBA concert at the Rutherglen Memorial Hall
- a team member putting a heater next to new gas line wine system to keep themselves from getting too cold, resulting in a fire
Wendy and Natasha Killeen sincerely thank Ros for her many years of loyalty, hard work and commitment to S&K and we are sure many of our customers will miss her. If you would like to leave Ros a message, please visit our Facebook post here.