There are limited places left to join us for our bi-annual Port and Barrel Weekend packed full of wine, food and activities. It’s our chance to spoil you with museum release wine, delicious regional food, guest speakers all served with our welcoming country hospitality.
- This year we managed to track down a third generation Cooper, David Kassebaum, who is keeping the art of making high quality barrels (or kegs) alive. His demonstration will involve much fire and fanfare!
- Guests this year will be the first to hear about our new Vineyard Plan with our Vineyard Manager, Ruston Prescott, and will have the opportunity try some Iberian white wine similar to what we will be making in the future. Perhaps some you have never tried before?
- Do you think you know your wines? Master of Wine, Nick Bulleid, will be hosting a fun mock tasting similar to the international exam that he invigilates each year in order to award people the honourable MW title. Perhaps you might surprise yourself and think of taking the real exam next year…?
- With two lunches and a gourmet dinner on the winery lawn, you will sure to be well fed and watered (or is that wined?). On Saturday evening, we will be auctioning off two signed bottles of Jack Stanton’s 90th birthday release of 1983 Vintage Port donated by a long-time customer of S&K. Proceeds will go to the Myeloma Foundation of Australia, in order to find a cure for this bone marrow cancer of which Chris Killeen passed away from in 2007.
- In our Fortified Masterclass, you will have the opportunity to blend your own fortified with some old material or perhaps even different varieties…yours to take home and show off your winemaking skills!
- Contact Ros or Andrea on (02) 6032 9457 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost is $350 or $300 for Cellar Club Members which includes two lunches, one dinner, bus transfers for Saturday dinner, all activities and gifts from the winery (Fortified Masterclass).